I have just eaten my breakfast and man was it good! My usual breakfast consists of cereal, skimmed milk and fruit but this morning I felt like a change. Don't get me wrong, starting the day with a bowl of cereal and fruit makes me feel amazing and sets me up for the day, but a change is as good as a rest, and having a good cooked breakfast for 8 points isn't bad. Only 3 more points than my usual breakfast, but I had it a little later than usual so wont have a morning snack which will even it out.
So, I had:
- 2 Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages - 3PP (1pp each but when you enter 2 into the tracker it comes up with 3 - hate when that happens!)
- 2 slices Weight Watchers White Danish bread, toasted - 3PP (1PP each, but same as the sausages)
- 1 medium poached egg - 2PP
- Tinned tomatoes - 0PP
- Sliced mushrooms steamed in the microwave with 1tbsp Worcester Sauce - 0PP
Totally worth 8 points!
Some more cooked breakfast ideas:
- Swap the poached egg for a whole egg and an egg white, scrambled, for the same points. Or make it into an omelette
- Exchange one sausage for a 25g rasher of bacon, fat removed (1PP per rasher)
- Add some baked beans for 1PP per tablespoon
- Quorn sausages are also 1PP each
- Cube a small (100g) potato and microwave it for 3-4 mins. Put on a baking tray and mist with Fry Light before baking for about 15-20 mins until crispy. 2PP
- Put it all in a sandwich! You can use 1tbsp of extra light mayo instead of butter for free
What did you have for breakfast today?