Wednesday 20 July 2011

Dinner of the day! Toad in the hole

For tonight's dinner I made toad in the hole using a recipe adapted from the "your week" pamphlet I got at group last week. It has a ProPoints value of 8 per serving, and was delicious! I love to cook when I have the time, and toad in the hole is a family favourite so I'm glad I've found a slimming-friendly version! I served it with cabbage and a purple caulifower that I got at a local farmers market - I saw it there and couldn't resist! The recipe includes gravy, not pictured. Pics and recipe below!



6 Weight Watchers Premium Pork Sausages, halved
1 onion, sliced
125g plain white flour
Pinch salt
1 medium egg
250ml skimmed milk
2tsp mustard
1tbsp dried sage
40g gravy granules




Preheat oven to Gas mark 6/200c. Coat a litre oven proof dish with fry light and add halved sausages and onion. Cook for 20 minutes. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk in the egg and then slowly add the milk to make a thin batter. Add the mustard and sage. Pour the batter into the hot dish and cook for a further 30 mins. Make 1pt gravy with the granules. Serve with 0pp veg.
Serves 4.

It's not as greasy as my usual toad in the hole, but is very tasty! You really don't need any potato or other carb with this, as the batter is enough. Just serve with plenty of 0 point veg. Yum!

Will you be giving this a go?

Hx

No comments:

Post a Comment